Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Buffalo Wings

Every time I think of buffalo wings, it always reminds me of Jessica Simpson's "I thought buffalos had wings?!" story, when she saw for the first time, the ox-like mammal (not the cooked domesticated fowl!).

To most of us, buffalo wings are chicken wings, deep-fried and coated with sauce. And, to Jessica's information, it got its "Buffalo" name from the place where it originated--Buffalo, New York.

This thinking made me hungry and crave for it. Unfortunately, I am nowhere near Buffalo. Although a few hours drive would get me where I'd get the best wings, I'd rather not!

So, I settled for a home-cooked buffalo wings. Cooked by, no other than--me!

Here's the recipe I used:

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/3 cup hot pepper sauce (Tabasco will do)
  • 1/3 cup ketchup (I used Heinz)
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • chicken wings/wing drummettes
  • 1 quart oil for deep-frying
1. Deep fry chicken wings (10-15 minutes). Remove wings from oil and drain on paper towel.
2. On a skillet, combine the butter, hot sauce, ketchup, and honey. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low. Add cooked chicken to sauce and stir over low heat to coat. The longer the wings simmer in the sauce, the hotter they will be.


I promise you, this one, is simply made, but definitely delicious!....Now I know how they made the wings in Don Henrico's (located in the Cebu, Philippines). Too bad, I haven't had any from Buffalo yet.


By the way, I got this by combining recipes I saw in allrecipes.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment