Monday, February 16, 2009

Wizard 101


I saw this ad in Nickelodeon (my son loves Spongebob!) about a new online game with e (for everyone) rating! I checked it out as it kinda tickled the inner child in me.

In the game, you basically play as a student in a wizard school, going on some quests, in an effort to save the City from a villain. You can also play player vs player duel, collect/trade cards, mini games, upgrade equipments, buy clothing and pets, and a lot more! Since it is an online game, you can be surprised how the game can change--new quests and updates they can add on it. You can try the game using their free trial. But there are certain parts of the game that can only be accessed if you subscribe (for $10 a month) or pay using crowns (2500 crowns costs $5 by the way). Areas would cost 750, 915, or 1200 crowns depending on the difficulty. They also have a family plan for $6.95 per month per family member. So you get a $3 saving per subscription.

The good news is, their free trial can never expire. The bad news is, when you get hooked on it, paying for the game is inevitable!

I for one, am planning to spend on it, someday. I'm still debating on it though. I've never paid for a game I will never keep before. So, we'll see what happens.

The thing I love in the game is the simplicity. Most of the games out there is kinda like "lord of the rings". This is a simpler version, more like "Harry Potter". There is not much violence in it, and the graphics is superb! I'm loving it more every day! I just hope they keep adding more "free quests" until I decide whether to buy some crowns or not.

Here are some of the screenshots:




If you want to check it out, here's the link: https://www.wizard101.com/


ENJOY!!!

2 comments:

  1. hi han. this is a very interesting game. i will try the trial version once i get a new pc. i am using a very slow laptop kasi.. hugs! btw, i have a tag and award for you: 6 Weird Things About Me and Best Mom Award. Please check out my blog to get them. take care sis. hugs!

    Ana K.
    Just About Anything

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: I finally decided to subscribe to this game. So far, it's incredible! No regrets here. It's worth every single dollar (my husband's bdw *wink*)

    ReplyDelete